Nutanix released Objects 2.0 last month with lots of new features and improvements.
This release includes the following new features:
- Multi-cluster object store is now supported
- You can scale out Objects storage either by adding more nodes to underlying AOS clusters Or by adding multiple of AOS clusters to Objects cluster.
- You can add upto 4 AHV or ESXi cluster as secondary clusters to Objects.
- Thats right, your Objects storage can scale independent of underlying platform.
- WORM policy is introduced for non-versioned buckets
- You can now apply WORM policy on a non-versioned bucket. Versioning will not be enabled on the WORM bucket by default.
- Decoupled user interface for each object store
- Each object store now opens up in a new window so that you can independently upgrade the Objects Manager.
- Support to run “collect_perf” on an Objects cluster.
- Delete Objects support in UI.
- Many backend improvements and bugs fixes.
- Objects 2.0 Release Notes can be accessed here.
- User Guide can be accessed here.
- Software downloads for Objects (darksite) is here.
I will start series soon to get into each of these feature.