Another feature packed release from Nutanix Objects team. Objects 3.0 is GA now.
This release includes the following new features:
- Introduced ESXi Support for Object Store
- You can now deploy Object Stores on ESXi clusters. (ESXi version 6.5 or above)
- Introduced Objects Streaming Replication Feature
- You can now replicate objects in a source bucket to a destination bucket with seconds of RPO (Recovery Point Objective) deployed in a different Object Store instance.
- Added support for Object Lock API Operations
- You can now apply object lock policies on individual objects within a bucket using the S3 supported APIs.
- Veeam Object Immutability Certification
- Objects 3.0 is in the process of getting certified by Veeam for Object Immutability - this will enable customers to protect their Veeam based backup environments from ransomware attacks.
- Added support for 350TB deep storage nodes
- Objects 3.0 Release Notes can be accessed here.
- User Guide can be accessed here.
- Software downloads for Objects (darksite) is here.
I will start detail blog on each of above features soon.