In mid November 2020, Nutanix announced another feature packed release . Objects 3.1 comes with 8 weeks from Objects 3.0, and offers some critical features to enable production workloads.
This release includes the following new features:
- Cloud Tiering Feature
- You can now move infrequently used objects to the configured remote endpoints for saving storage space in the Nutanix Objects cluster.
- Customers can set up policies to move infrequently accessed objects to an S3-compatible target including AWS S3. This enables our customers to realize their hybrid cloud infrastructure getting the best of performance, cost and security without any compromises.
- Objects Browser
- You can now use the Objects Browser to directly launch the Object Store instance in a web browser and perform Bucket & Object level operations.
- Objects Browser enables multi-tenant access to an object store instance where thousands of users can access their resources without ever needing to login to Prism Central.
- Legal Hold for Objects
- You can now lock an object indefinitely. A legal hold remains active until an authorized user explicitly removes it.
- You can now preserve data relevant to litigation (or critical to business) in a tamper-proof state for a desired duration until legal hold is explicitly removed by an authorized user.
- Objects Lifecycle Management Simplified
- You can now apply fine-grained lifecycle policies to Objects data using Prism Central.
- Lifecycle policy rules can now be applied selectively to objects based on prefix and/or tags and include additional actions for cloud tiering and aborting incomplete multi-part uploads.
- Objects 3.1 Release Notes can be accessed here.
- User Guide can be accessed here.
- Software downloads for Objects (darksite) is here.